Saturday, September 03, 2005

Random thoughts

Well, these are some things I had penned while in K.L. I thought now I can blog it. I am just reproducing what ever I wrote down.
Well, what should I write about, this Life which is a beautiful gift given to us by who ever it is God, Nature, what ever!
God!! Yes I am happy to believe in God. I am sure all those prayers (read slokas and poojas) help ME rather than pleasing God. I am sure being ALMIGHTY, He would not be bothered about whether some body praises Him or Not, Whether some body is thinking about Him or not, as long as they are humane. (as I understand it) He must be doing what ever it is which is unknown to me and beyond me.

So I have come to the conclusion that I pray for my sake and do it all the time to get Strength. Mental Strength. I am in such a stage in my life , I can not run to my elders for all my little problems. Mom and Dad were there for me all the time listening to all my silly bickerings about this or that. I have realized now, that God has replaced them.

So when I pray or recite the slokas it is a way of telling my problems to a neutral entity. With any other person I share my inner thoughts, it has repurcussions. We always tend to forget what we said, but the listening ears, carry those tales far and wide, so when the same thing comes back to us it is so distorted that always makes you wonder whether we were the one who said it in the first place. I will not have such backlash with what I call God.
I have a strong notion that if I pass on the problems by way of prayers it will definitely get solved. It does because of the strong belief, I am able to think postitively and the solutions start unfolding for the problems. I believe strongly that there is one more person (can I say that) with me I have the feeling I am not alone and the depression that try to creep in vainishes in a jiffy.
Of course all this prayers what ever takes hardly half an hour a day and that too it is so flexible that if I miss out on the slokas for a day I don't have any guilty feelings as I am sure that God does not punish me for such things. As long as I don't harm (like my husband always likes to says in tamil 'manasale kooda yarukkum keduthal nenaikka kudathu' ) any body by my words or deed, I think it is perfectly OK.
I like this flexibility especially in the way I practice it,( hinduism to be specific), I feel it is like Democracy, Freedom. As long as my nose does n't touch my neighbours that kind of freedom.
This belief in God and the way of life, is very very personal . I don't force others to believe in my way or I am not very particular to join a community prayer. Even my prayers are not said very loudly . This is completely individualistic.
I do like to go to temples and other places of worship as it does give the solace and calmness which I require, again the visits to these temple are at my terms and not regimented.
So I try to live life taking one day at a time and try to live it to the fullest with the support from my beliefs. This helps me to lead a life with a level headed ness. When the going is tough I always tell myself 'tomorrow is another day' ala 'Scarlet Ohara ' of Gone with the Wind

1 comment:

vasukumar said...

hi leela
beautiful thoughts on prayers.the flexibility is the bonus part!