Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Twin Tower

This january first while driving in the elevated high way, the sight of petronas twin tower gave me a very great feeling. I felt like telling the building 'hey you have made my day, rather year'. I don't know if any one can understand this feeling. I have always got a great attachment to this building which is at present the tallest building in the world. It is as if it belongs to me. I have been lucky in seeing it being built watching from our 14th floor apartment. I used to read a lot of titbits about this building. I remember reading that the crane operator who worked in such a heeeight was an Indian. Just to see that crane it self gave me a dizzy feeling is another matter.
This building has a character. If you see it in the day time the sunlight reflecting on the steel gives it a majestic look. If you see it in the evening, the lights reflecting gives it a magical feeling. I remember my friend telling me in New york while showing me the buildings in Manhattan that they have a character of their own. That does apply to this building.
The magnificient feeling one gets while looking at Taj while entering that Arch and looking upto it which is awe inspiring , is what I get when I look at this lovely Twin Tower.
While sitting on the front steps of this building, watching the small water fountain in front of it, I felt I missed my parents very much. This was three years back. That inspired me to coerce my brother to visit this place with my manni and I was so proud to show them the place which inspired me to invite them!
I never get tired looking at the building. Alas we have changed house and we don't have the 24 hours view which we had from our drawing room in our 14th floor earlier apartment. But every time we go out we do get the view and since we are much nearer the twin tower we go there often just to relax in the park around or shop in the shopping complex in that building.

5 comments:

vin said...

Yeah it's a really beautiful building. I used to love watchin the lights go off at 12 in the night..
And yeh it's no more the tallest, Taipei 101 is the tallest now.

vasukumar said...

seeing this building through the songs of anniyan gave me a good feel. Remembered the times we had together there a couple of years back.and tejas getting temporarily missing in the huge park complex!

vin said...

Change your profile..
Fav books: It's lord of the rings.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul..

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

("HE" is the lord of all the rings.. the 3, the 7, and the 9.. )

bluejagger said...

hey win,
i don't see any connection between twin tower and lord of the rings can you enlighten please

vin said...

There's no connection.. just saw u'r profile and commented on it.