Friday, October 21, 2005

Clinton

I have been reading the auto biography of Clinton (My Life) I was impressed by what I read. It is what he says about his Inagural address he gave as the Governor of Arkansas, much before he became the president of United States of America.
I wish this becomes a standard for our Beurocrats , if not for our politicians.
I said some things in that speech that I believe as strongly today as I did then, words that capture what I have tried to do in all my public work, includintg the presidency:
For as long as I can remember, I have believed passionately in the cause of equal opportunity, and I will do what I can to advance it.
For as long as I can remember , I have deplored the arbitrary and abusive exercise of power by those in authority, and I will do what I can to prevent it.
For as long as I can remember, I have rued the waste and lack of order and discipline that are too often in evidence in governmental affairs, and I will do what I can to diminish them.
For as long as I can remember, I have loved the land, air and water of Arkansas, and I will do what I can to protect them.
For as long as I can remember, I have wished to ease the burdens of life for those who, through no fault of their own, are old or weak or needy, and I will try to help them.
For as long as I can remember, I have been saddened by the sight of so many of our independent, industrious people working too hard for too little because of inadequate economic opportunities, and I will do what I can to enhance them.....

3 comments:

vin said...

As long as I remember, Hillary wore the trousers in my house...

bluejagger said...

I never expected my people to be mcps . For that matter I never liked Clinton and was furious to use a mild word when those escapades of his became public.
Like for everything there are two sides of a coin. This I understood more after reading biography of Hillary before reading this book. In fact I hope she becomes the President of America next so that it will be good for everybody.
I liked Clinton's idea of public governance. period.
so what is wrong with a woman wearing the trousers in home. The roles are always reversable.

vin said...

My point couldn't have been more wrongly taken by the blogger.
I was pointing out the fact that is and therefore unfair is the Chauvinistic label on me. As for Clinton i am not a big fan of his
And i would bet on Hillary becomming the next president.